Friday, August 3, 2007

Second Life

It seems like SL is a place for people to hang out and do stuff.

mostly for entertainment and socially but also for meeting likeminded professionals and doing library type stuff.

The videos and articles though....

I believe the articles should be more substantive or more academic, maybe using library online resources, like I did a search and found an article from the wilson web archive about it. Which seems more legitimate coming from an academic journal. my 2 cents.

the videos are all techno and stuff, which while nice to listen to for some, might not have a place in a brick and mortar library, and I would like to see some dryer content in vid's regarding virtual libraries.

-Frank


aritcle i found


TITLE: Future School Libraries: A Third Presence in Second
Life?
SOURCE: MultiMedia & Internet @ Schools 14 no3 My/Je 2007
PAGE(S): 20-2

No comments: